©  Copyright 2016   Fellowship Bible Church    †    1000 A Ave W  Oskaloosa, IA    †    641.672.2225
News & Events


CALENDAR
 Elders vote to proceed with project
​On October 13, the Elders voted unanimously to proceed with the building project. There was much sharing and discussion among the leadership. Some of the reasons behind the decision are highlighted below:
    As of October 11, there were 60 pledges totaling $606,555, which is approximately 70% of the goal of $880,000. That leaves the campaign fund roughly $273,000 (or 30%) short of the goal. [Update: As of October 28, we have $624,390 from 67 pledges.]
     The decision was made to proceed first and foremost because there is a real need with regard to space and accessibility.
     Another reason was the original vote in July was overwhelmingly in favor of moving forward with the Project. The members voted on the project as a whole, so options such as design changes or leaving parts of it unfinished were not what the members voted on.
     What about the remaining funds? Obviously not everyone submitted a pledge, and the leadership is very confident there’s more support out there. In other words – the 607K is a conservative number.  Also, over the past five years there has been a surplus in the General Fund to the tune of $167,000. If giving trends continue, and there is more given than spent, some of that money could be moved to the building fund.
     Another factor is rising construction costs. Delaying the project will only increase the cost of the project.
     It is still the goal to finance this entire project internally with little or no bank financing. 
     A Building Team has been assembled to oversee the project. The members are: Mark Fincel, Ed Goemaat, Del Johnson and Alvin Westercamp.
     The timeline for the project is as follows:
  • Process for submitting, reviewing and approving designs will begin soon.
  • Bidding process with contractors will begin sometime in February.
  • Break ground in April/May.
     What can you do? Thank you for your pledges, support and feedback! Please continue to pray for the project. If you have not made a pledge toward the project, you may still do so at the Connection Center or online. If you have made a pledge, you may begin contributing to your pledge at any time. As you give, please indicate "Building Project" on the memo line of your check.

If you have any questions about this process, please talk to one of the Elders or members of the Building Project Team.
"Together, one passionate pursuit: to know Him and make Him known"
To make a pledge to the capital campaign, please click here.

Summer Sunday Worship Schedule:
Worship Service - 9:00 AM
Fellowship Time - 10:00 AM
Sunday School - 10:30 AM