Fellowship Bible Church is a non-denominational,
In 1946, a small group of believers, who were committed to sound doctrine and Bible-based preaching, began meeting at the YMCA for a Bible study. As they studied the Bible, they developed a burden to establish a church where the Gospel would be powerfully and clearly proclaimed.
On June 7, 1948, they met for the first time in a rented facility. Part of the current property was purchased in 1950 and services were held in a home while funds were accumulated to build a sanctuary. It was then that they adopted the name "The Oskaloosa Gospel Tabernacle".
In 1952, groundbreaking services were held and the faithful group pledged themselves to God. Work began in 1958 on the desperately needed Sunday School Building as the Tabernacle house was crowded each Sunday.
Then on October 16, 1966, a finished educational unit, new parsonage, and parking lot were dedicated to the glory of God.
A north foyer was added in 1969 with padded pews, and the newly carpeted sanctuary was enlarged and turned to face east. The east educational lower level was also built at this time.
In 1994, a sloping roof was added and our name was changed from The Oskaloosa Gospel Tabernacle to Fellowship Bible Church.
Renovation of the current church building was completed in 1997, which brought about exciting new changes and provided our congregation with many new opportunities to serve, worship, and reach the community. As attendance increased, an additional Sunday School building was added.
Over the years, God has blessed FBC with spiritual and numerical growth. It is our desire that all who attend and participate in the ministries of FBC become disciples of Jesus Christ through evangelism, baptism following salvation, and ongoing discipleship.